Development of joint collaborative research and innovation projects
This page aims to reference internal funding initiatives that could support the emergence of new partnerships between reserachers from the 6 SEA-EU universities and their partner associate.
UBO: Call for the creation of Research Partnerships
In 2020, and thanks to national funding from the French National Agency for Research, UBO has launched a support scheme designed to initiate collaborations within the SEA-EU alliance. The objective was to support the emergence of new cooperation between researchers from UBO with some from the 5 partner universities around the central themes of SEA-EU:
- Sustainable development, global change and resilience
- European identity and interculturality.
The 1st call (closed in August 2020) has given support to 9 projects (see project details), covering the 2 SEA-EU themes and the 4 UBO research axes, and allowing to initiate new links with the 5 partner universities . The 2nd call has added 2 new projects on the list
The third call is open until September 2021 and will support up to 10 new partnerships.
UM: Call for Expressions of Interest as host Institution for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021
The University of Malta is interested in acting as a host institution to researchers intending to apply for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the framework of the new Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) programme. MSCA forms part of the newly launched Horizon Europe programme, the largest research funding programme in Europe. If awarded, this Postdoctoral Fellowships grant covers two years’ salary, a mobility allowance, research costs and overheads for the host institution.
Individual candidates are to submit proposals for funding under this competitive call through the European Commission’s Funding and Tenders portal. Applicants will be supported by the UM supervisor and Research Support Services Directorate. The call is expected to open on 15 April 2021 and close on 15 September 2021.
Candidate eligibility criteria:
- Any nationality
- In possession of a doctoral degree at the date of the call deadline
- Cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary (Malta) for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline
- Only one proposal per candidate may be submitted to PF call
- At the call deadline, supported researchers must have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in possession of a doctoral degree and certified by appropriate documents.
See the list of proposed research projects which incoming fellows might be interested in. Potential candidates wishing to come to the University of Malta must contact the supervisors directly, whose project/s are of interest to you.