Engaging Students effectively with interdisciplinary Education
22 February 2022
Teresa Inclán Garcia and Anton Mikoleit; minc
in collaboration with the Continuing Professional Development Center at Kiel University.
Scientists and teaching staff from SEA-EU member universities.
Online, a link will be sent prior to the course
Interdisciplinary and international perspectives can help to find creative and sustainable solutions for current and future global challenges. But how to bring professional backgrounds together and lift the potential of the students? How to create an environment where students feel encouraged to participate?
In this course the participants will explore a range of methods to engage students effectively in learning processes with different formats of interdisciplinary teaching. Specific methods on guiding students through collaborative processes will be presented. It will be discussed how to best support different levels of self-directed student learning.
The course content can be applied to enrich disciplinary settings with interdisciplinary elements as well as to arrange completely interdisciplinary and international formats. As a recent example we will discuss teaching experiences and learning outcomes from a summer school on sustainability within the SEA-EU project.
- Understanding culture and its impact on behavior in international teams
- Understanding individual and team cultural patterns of action
- Developing communication strategies and skills to get the best out of international teams
22 February 2022
09:00 – 13:00 h
In order to register for “Engaging Students effectively with interdisciplinary Education” please write an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org stating your affiliation to:
The Application Deadline is 30 January 2022.
Limit: Places for SEA-EU international participants are limited and will be attributed on a first-come-first-served-basis.
We are looking forward to your applications!
Each person who is granted a place will receive an email from the SEA-EU@CAU team with further instructions
by 04 February 2022. Without this confirmation e-mail you are not allowed to participate in the course.
All further registrations will be put on a waiting list. As soon as a place becomes available in the course, you will receive a message from us. If you have not received a message by 11 February 2022, you have not been allocated a place on this course.
Conditions of enrolment:
- The course offers are meant for SEA-EU Alliance Universities’ staff members: Registration is only considered if made with a valid institutional email address.
- By applying to this course you agree that your data (name, title, affiliation & email) will be passed on to the course instructor and the Continuing Professional Development Center at CAU if your application is confirmed.
- A certificate of participation will be issued, upon attendance to >80 % of the course.
- Registration is binding.