Leadership skills for young leaders
Dr. Kerstin Mauth
This course will be offered in collaboration with the Continuing Professional Development Center at Kiel University.
This online workshop is open to postdocs from SEA-EU member universities.
Online, a link will be sent prior to the course
Frameworks, instruments and practices for leading others with clarity and ease Leading others is a privilege and is an art that can be learned and mastered. This workshop equips young scientists with frameworks and instruments that support them to step into and fill the leadership role with confidence and clarity. It also provides space for selfreflection and practically applying some of the learnings directly in role plays or other interactive formats. The workshop deals with different aspects of leadership such as leadership roles, values-based leadership, delegation and motivation, personality and leadership style, and communication basics for leaders.
- know their leadership values and can align their leadership behaviour accordingly
- know different leadership roles and have reflected on their current roles
- are aware of their personality’s influences on their leadership styles
- have practiced various communication tools and know how to apply them as a leader
Tuesday, 30 November 2021
09:00 – 13:00 h
Wednesday, 01 December 2021
09:00 – 13:00 h
In order to register for “Leadership skills for young leaders” please write an e-mail to email@example.com stating your affiliation to:
The Application Deadline is 07 November 2021.
Limit: Places for SEA-EU international participants are limited and will be attributed on a first-come-first-served-basis.
Each person who is granted a place will receive an email from the SEA-EU@CAU team with further instructions by 09 November 2021. Without this confirmation e-mail you are not allowed to participate in the course.
All further registrations will be put on a waiting list. As soon as a place becomes available in the course, you will receive a message from us. If you have not received a message by 17 November 2021, you have not been allocated a place on this course.
If the minimum number of participants of 8 cannot be reached, the event will have to be cancelled for financial reasons.
Conditions of enrolment:
- The course offers are meant for staff members of the SEA-EU Alliance Universities: Registration is only considered if made with a valid institutional email address.
- By applying to this course, you agree that your data (name, affiliation, email) will be shared with the course instructor and the Continuing Professional Development Center at Kiel University if your application is confirmed.
- A certificate of participation will be issued, upon attendance to >80% of the course.
- Registration is binding.