The Declaration on the establishment of the European University of the Seas was signed in Brussels on November 7, 2019, coinciding with the Kick off Meeting of the European Universities Initiative.
This declaration was signed by Universidad de Cádiz (UCA, Spain, Coordinator); Université de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO, France); Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel (CAU, Germany); Uniwersytet Gdański (UG, Poland); Sveučilište u Splitu (UNIST, Croatia); and L-Università ta’ Malta (UM, Malta).
The Governing Board (GB) is composed of the six Rectors/Presidents of SEA-EU Universities, six Vice-/Pro-rectors (one per university), six representatives of students (one per university) and the General Coordinator of SEA-EU.
The GB shall institutionally represent the six partner universities of the Alliance, embody its vision and will:
1. keep watch over any deviations from the mission statement;
2. review general project progress and take decisions on actions in case of major deviations from the plan;
3. discuss and decide on changes in the management structure of the consortium;
4. approve planned contract amendments and changes to the Grant Agreement;
5. adopt required internal and external actions for the sustainability of the project;
6. convene twice a year, once physically and once virtually.
The Governing Board will guarantee that the SEA-EU mission serves our deep aspirations of sustainable development, through the provision of higher education and quality research and the consolidation and expansion, through new models of collaboration, of our role as international focal points for studies related to the seas. Its core aims shall be to develop an academic, innovative and entrepreneurial environment of the highest quality that promotes excellence in education, training and research in its areas of specialization, and to transfer all its knowledge, enthusiasm and activities to society.