We are all concerned by making our planet and our society more sustainable. Lets begin by ourselves on our campuses by applying project ideas related to campus life for the SEA-EU. Make our campus a better place, have fun and win great prizes!
SEA-EU Makeathon is part of the SEA-EU Alliance initiative and is co-organized by University of Brest, University of Cadiz, University of Gdansk, University of Malta and University of Split with the support of University of Kiel. Participating teams will have support of innovation experts to design, test, reiterate, and enhance their services or products developed through the Makeathon. End result will be a tangible digital or physical prototype including service prototype. Best teams will participate in the grand finale at the University of Split in November 2021.
Who can participate?
- Students from all of the participating universities. Teams including members from several universities are welcomed.
- Each team should have at least one university employee (i.e. researcher, professor…) This can be done at the project idea application phase or later.
- Other parties such as companies and various other stakeholders such as NGO, etc.
How to apply?
- Choose your university and fill in short application form: https://forms.gle/Wv5KTs1JFFP6p6Vb7
Project idea selection criteria:
- is it inline with one of the SDGs,
- is it contributing to the campus life,
- is the team mixed and comprised of representatives of various target groups,
- how big is the impact of the solution,
- can other universities in SEA-EU and other alliances benefit from it.
- Call for project ideas open from July till September 15th.
- Makeathon month during the October – teams will have a joint learning process and will be trained by the experts from all participating universities. Also, they will get access to a joint communication platform to share their ideas and ask any questions.
- Local Demo day by the end of October
- Teams from local events will participate at the showcase event at University of Split in November
- Each partner will decide on the appropriate model for management of IP rights during the event.
- Each university can use the results to implement a solution in the campus.