Slidewriting and Storylining
Dr. Markus Burger
This course will be offered in collaboration with the Graduate Center at Kiel University.
This course is open to doctoral candidates in the marine sciences from member universities of the SEA-EU consortium.
Online, a link will be sent prior to the course
Condense your complex research findings for conferences or your oral doctoral defense – hands on live online training with many exercises
The goal of this training is to prepare and develop your own academic presentation.
The following topics will be covered:
- Convince your audience with well-structured slides and presentations
- Condense your complex research findings to the short time-span of a presentation
- Save time and effort crafting easy to-grasp slides
This training focuses on the logic of good presentations. It does not cover the use of presentation software like PowerPoint or LibreOffice!
- In the theoretical part, you will learn conceptual techniques for structuring complex information logically and for designing easy to-grasp slides and presentations
- In the practical part, you will then apply these techniques to your very own academic presentation
- By the end of the training, you will get a complete draft of your very own academic presentation so that you can finalize it with manageable effort
In order to participate, you need a PC/Laptop or a smartphone/tablet with internet connection. Nothing else.
22 November 2021
09:00 – 13:00 h
23 November 2021
09:00 – 13:00 h
In order to register for Slidewriting and Storylining please write an e-mail to email@example.com stating your affiliation to:
- marine sciences
The Application Deadline is 31 October 2021.
Limit: Places for SEA-EU international participants are limited and will be attributed on a first-come-first-served-basis.
Each person who is granted a place will receive an email from the SEA-EU@CAU team with further instructions by 2November 2021. Without this confirmation e-mail you are not allowed to participate in the course.
All further registrations will be put on a waiting list. As soon as a place becomes available in the course, you will receive a message from us. If you have not received a message by 9 November 2021, you have not been allocated a place on this course.
If the minimum number of participants of 7 cannot be reached, the event will have to be cancelled for financial reasons.
Conditions of enrolment:
- The course offers are meant for SEA-EU Alliance Universities’ doctoral candidates: Registration is only considered if made with a valid institutional email address.
- By applying to this course, you agree that your data (name, affiliation, email) will be passed on to the course instructor and the Graduate Center at Kiel University in case your application is confirmed.
- A certificate of participation will be issued, upon attendance to >75% of the course.
- Registration is binding.