Blue Talks is a series of short on-line events focused on the topic of a blue economy organised by the SEA-EU. Talks are delivered in the form of a one-hour webinar where an expert in the topic presents the state of play in the specific field and participants are invited to contribute with questions and comments for the Q&A session.
Next Blue Talk
Experience of the Blue Mediterranean Implementation Plan – Margherita Cappelletto, BlueMed
12/11/2020 @ 13:00
Recognizing the complexity of the governance of the Mediterranean basin, exposed to critical environmental threats among other stressors, the talk addresses the BlueMed Initiative, a cooperation framework to develop a sustainable blue economy in the area. It focuses on the key research and innovation priorities for blue jobs and growth, underlying the collaborative process that led to their identification and will lead to their implementation.
Previous Blue Talks
The Blue bioeconomy – experiences from the Baltic Sea Region – Angela Schultz-Zehden, Managing Director @SUBMARINER Network
15/10/2020 @ 13:00
Angela Schultz-Zehden from Submariner Network will share experiences and lessons learnt on implementing the blue bioeconomy solutions in the Baltic Sea Region.
Upcoming Blue Talks
- The Role of Smart Specialisation in Tourism Recovery, Anabela Marques Santos, EC Joint Research Centre 15/12/2020
- Good practices and development plans on Blue Growth implementation at the University of Gdańsk and Pomeranian Region, Mgr Hanna Łądkowska, University of Gdansk 12/2020 (TBC)
- Operational Oceanography for Blue Growth, Prof. Aldo Drago, University of Malta 1/2021 (TBC)
- Competitiveness of the Port Logistics Chain, Dr. María del Mar Cerbán, University of Cadiz 2/2021 (TBC)
- Present and future challenges in the development of hybrid platforms for the exploitation of marine renewable energies and aquaculture, Pedro Mayorga Rubio, ENEROCEAN 3/2021 (TBC)
If you are unable to attend some of the talks you can
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE UPDATES ON THE UPCOMING TALKS